Best Wood for Bee Hives
Bee hives have traditionally been made of wood however with the emergence of plastic bee hives it’s no longer a thought of ‘what is the best wood for bee hives’ but ‘what are the best plastic bee hives’.
What are some common issues Bee Keepers find when using a Wooden Bee Hive?
- The wood can expand and contract during the different seasons.
- The wood can split, rot, sweat, warp, crack and difficult to nail & screw together.
- Depending on the type of wood used, it can be very heavy.
- Compared to plastic wooden hive are expensive and do not last.
Plus you’ll have to decide on what wood you want to use and what sizes. With TechnosetBee® Plastic Bee Hives the choice is easy.
Plastic bee hives are better than the best wood for bee hives
With there unique twin walled polypropylene skin design, our TechnosetBee® plastic bee hives are far stronger than even the best wood for bee hives.
Below are some more advantages of our plastic bee hives:
- 100% compatible with your existing hive types (wood or plastic) since they are manufactured as per the Langstroth dimensions.
- The most cost effective product currently available.
- Wide range of compatible accessories allowing you to customise your plastic bee hive to your wants and needs.
- Zero-maintenance as they do not rot, sweat, develop mildew, warp, slit or crack.
If you’re not convinced that our TechnosetBee® Plastic Bee Hives are better than the best wood for bee hives than please have a look at our TechnosetBee® page which includes more reasons to chose them.